6 Proven Air-Purifying Technologies
- High Efficiency Particulate Air Filters (HEPA) are presently the most efficient filtration device available on the market today capturing 99.97% of particles in the air. Surround Air is able to capture a high volume of floating dust and numerous other particles including many ionized particles that would otherwise simply settle to the ground.
- A Germicidal UV (ultraviolet) light which are scientifically proven to destroy a large variety of microbiological contaminates, including viruses, germs, bacteria, and fungi (such as mold). UV lamps are readily used in the medical field (including hospitals) to sanitize rooms and equipments, in order to prevent the spread of illness and disease. UV light has also been recommended by the Centers for Disease Control for this purpose.
- An Activated Carbon Air Filter which specializes in capturing and neutralizing chemicals, gases, odors and cigarette smoke. It is the most absorbent of all air filter types.
- An Air Ionizer which will increase the effectiveness of an air filter by increasing the size of the particles drawn into the filter. Negative ions produced by an ionizer cause airborne particles to magnetically clump together, forming larger particles which then are more easily captured by the filter. Negative ions are also capable of circulating throughout a room removing particulate far away from where the air filter is located. Surround Air uses a high density needlepoint ionizer to produce a high concentration of negative ions capable of reaching particulates further away from the unit.
- Programmable Ozone Production which enables you to control the amount of ozone that is needed such as low amounts to maintain sanitation, moderate amounts for a faint, fresh scent in the room or high amounts for strong odors. Ozone is effective at eliminating odors and destroying certain chemicals and micro-organisms. While choosing to turn off the Ozone output, all the other the other air purifying functions of this unit will continue to function at full capacity. <
Dimensions13"H x 15"W x 7.75"D
Power Consumption40 watts.