Like many expensive air purifiers, the Multi-Tech S1000-Ultra is highly efficient at removing dust particles, as a result of its 99% effective HEPA filter, and highly powerful fan. Unlike most air purifiers in this class, the S1000-Ultra also includes multiple other technologies to address all the other pollutants that are typically found indoors.
This combination of technologies results in several unexpected benefits, such as:
- Destruction of Micro-Organisms. Very few air purifiers address the problem of micro-organisms. Airborne germs and viruses are commonly present in indoor environments, circulating sickness among occupants. Other micro-organisms can increase the risk of sickness, such as mycotoxins from indoor mold growth. Furthermore, dust is often loaded with bacteria. The S3000 includes a jumbo germicidal UV lamp for a larger dead zone for micro-organisms such as germs, viruses, bacteria and fungi. In addition, this germicidal lamps sterilizes particles trapped in the filters, which can otherwise reproduce and recirculate with other air purifiers. The S1000-Ultra's photocatalytic filter also helps to neutralize micro-organisms, such as bacteria.
- Removal of Chemicals, Fumes and Gases. Most air purifiers are equipped with a way to trap dust particles and other allergens. However, very few are able to take care of chemical fumes that are common in households today. Chemicals fumes are emitted by building materials, paint, carpet, and several other sources. Chemicals are also added to the environment frequently through the use of household cleaners. Activated carbon filtration is the most effective filter available at trapping chemicals. The S1000-Ultra also includes a photocataytic filter to add to its effectiveness against chemicals.
- Odor Reduction. This is another area that air purifier makers often neglect. Your common dust removal filters will not reduce odors, a common indoor air quality problem. Activated carbon filters and photoycatalysis filters are effective against odors, which may be chronic (cigarette smoke or mold) or just a temporary problem (cooking) in your home or workplace.
- Cigarette Smoke. If you have a smoker in your house or place of work, you need multiple technologies to cover all the pollutants associated with cigarette smoke. An ionizer will help to remove the smoke particles themselves, while the activated carbon filter and photoycatalytic filter will address the chemical pollutants and odors.
- Ionizer Benefits. Not all high-end air purifiers include a built-in ionizer, but it is becoming more and more common, due to the clear benefits they offer. In a Journal of Hygiene study, negative ions (produced by an ionizer) were found to improve efficiency of filter units. Ozone-free ionizers (such as that found in the Multi-Tech S1000-Ultra) do not present any potentially negative side effects at all. Plus, negative ions can remove airborne pollutants where they are floating, without requiring they pass through the air purifier. The S1000-Ultra's powerful fan effectively circulates these air-cleaning negative ions throughout the area.